Using foil on book covers and book spines is a traditional method going back over hundreds of years – but still very common in today’s society. Using foil on books is a great way of drawing attention to your book in an already crowded marketplace by making the product stand out at retail level.
Using the right foiling die can make a big difference to the finished product. Our hot foil blocking partner always chooses brass for book covers and spines due to the many advantages it holds over other metals:
- Brass can be deep machined to 3mm for use on softer substrates
- Good for all substrates
- Great at retaining heat
- Gives a sharp, high definition finish after foil transfer
- Ideal for bookbinders
- No chemicals are used during the making of a CNC brass die
- More cost-effective than copper
- Greater detail than magnesium can be achieved
As standard we etch brass to 1.2mm but it can be deep machined to 3mm for softer or thicker substrates. Books are a great example of this, along with diaries, notebooks and luxury end packaging with thick stock.
Are you interested in brass foiling dies for your next book project? If so contact email@example.com for a quotation or further information.